Vote Kick

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok so this has probably been beaten with a stick many times however I have to bring it up again as I need to vent about this problem with the game.

So I get that someone can choose to leave a coalition at any time and that the leader can kick someone as well.. However... in the extreme case where someone is performing treasonous actions such as giving right of way to enemies and allowing the other coalitions units to use their air bases to move closer to your homelands on top of giving out locations of units and weak points... this is unacceptable.. Yeah I as the leader can say that the person should be kicked from the coalition but sometimes that is just not enough. The game really needs a vote kick for situations like this. Where if a majority of the other players see sufficient evidence to remove someone immediately then they can vote to do so. Upon successful a vote the player is immediately removed from the coalition. Yeah this could swing the other way on occasion but its desperately needed.

I envision it working as following.
      On the coalition popup next to everyone's name is a vote kick button. If enough players choose to vote kick a player (>50% of the coalition size) the player vote kicked is removed from the coalition immediately. This option would only be available to a coalition once per game.
    • I think the reason for the 1-day time-lag from when you kick someone to when they leave the coalition is so that you can't shaft people by kicking and then immediately attacking them while they are offline. Your suggested system could be abused to attack innocent members of the coalition.

I do think a players should immediately cease map-sharing when they are kicked, though. That would help mitigate part of the problem you described. But you still shouldn't be able to attack them for another 24 hours.
    • WalterChang wrote:

I think the reason for the 1-day time-lag from when you kick someone to when they leave the coalition is so that you can't shaft people by kicking and then immediately attacking them while they are offline. Your suggested system could be abused to attack innocent members of the coalition.

I do think a players should immediately cease map-sharing when they are kicked, though. That would help mitigate part of the problem you described. But you still shouldn't be able to attack them for another 24 hours.
      Yeah, I have to agree with WC here. There would be groups adding people to their coalition just so they could get the intel and then WHAM take them out.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • WalterChang wrote:

Fereyd wrote:

well if you choose your ally’s wisely this option isn‘t needed... ;)
      ... but if you don't, it is.
      The the solution is obvious, do.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Fereyd wrote:

well if you choose your ally’s wisely this option isn‘t needed... ;)
      ... but if you don't, it is.
      The the solution is obvious, do.
      Yeah, but that's a bit like saying, "Coalitions aren't needed - just win solo!"
      Not really, in fact, that is a perfect example of a non sequitur, that premise in no way logically follows from the assertions.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• What I mean is, it's not very helpful.

If you find out someone in your coalition has double-crossed everyone by leaking information to your enemies, you can kick them out. But the game still lets them see troop movements and communications for a further 24 hours. And there's nothing you can do about it. I think that's a valid concern - it's an exploit of a less-than-perfect game mechanic. It could be mitigated by tweaking the game's rules slightly.

For example, kicking a player could instantly remove shared maps. Then maybe remove Rights of Way after 12 hours. Then after 24 hours you can declare war on them. That would give both sides more of a chance to react.

Saying 'Choose your allies wisely' isn't helpful. How exactly can you guarantee that a random person in a public game isn't going to betray you?
    • WalterChang wrote:

What I mean is, it's not very helpful.

If you find out someone in your coalition has double-crossed everyone by leaking information to your enemies, you can kick them out. But the game still lets them see troop movements and communications for a further 24 hours. And there's nothing you can do about it. I think that's a valid concern - it's an exploit of a less-than-perfect game mechanic. It could be mitigated by tweaking the game's rules slightly.

For example, kicking a player could instantly remove shared maps. Then maybe remove Rights of Way after 12 hours. Then after 24 hours you can declare war on them. That would give both sides more of a chance to react.

Saying 'Choose your allies wisely' isn't helpful. How exactly can you guarantee that a random person in a public game isn't going to betray you?
      While I don't like the instakick vote off the island idea at all, that isn't too bad, but reflects real life, make friends and join games together!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I play public games exclusively . I have been very lucky to have had great allies in almost all games I have played. Some have not been as active as I would have liked but then again I have had games that I was not as active as I would have liked to be. Life still happens. I have not had a coalition partner double cross me so far and I have not done it to someone either but I can see where having insta boot in place could be helpful. I just hope I never am in a game where it's needed or where it is done to me....But I did get booted once and I did not understand why. I did not question it and actually in the end I was glad it happened. I finished the game in another coalition and the booter coalition shall we say did not finish. :whistling:
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • bobqz wrote:

I play public games exclusively . I have been very lucky to have had great allies in almost all games I have played. Some have not been as active as I would have liked but then again I have had games that I was not as active as I would have liked to be. Life still happens. I have not had a coalition partner double cross me so far and I have not done it to someone either but I can see where having insta boot in place could be helpful. I just hope I never am in a game where it's needed or where it is done to me....But I did get booted once and I did not understand why. I did not question it and actually in the end I was glad it happened. I finished the game in another coalition and the booter coalition shall we say did not finish. :whistling:
      Coalitions and the drama that goes with it is the most interesting part of the game. Did play a game that had a bunch of friends playing together and 1 was in a coalition that i was in and his friends were in the enemy coalition...that was interesting. My leader betrayed him and of course he spilled the beans on all our units sizes and locations once he got kicked. I think he was just trying to do whatever he could to survive...poor little guy i felt sorry for him lol but i still destroyed him per orders. War is cruel