Do AI countries declare war?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do AI countries declare war?

I know Call of War has this feature where you have a ranking according to how aggressive the game deems you to have been so far, and if you go above a certain threshold, the AI countries will start to declare on you. I haven't seen any mention of it in Conflict of Nations.

A country that had gone inactive several days ago just declared war on me. I'm just wondering if the player has come back online and decided to attack me, or if it could be the AI doing it?
    • WalterChang wrote:

I know Call of War has this feature where you have a ranking according to how aggressive the game deems you to have been so far, and if you go above a certain threshold, the AI countries will start to declare on you. I haven't seen any mention of it in Conflict of Nations.

A country that had gone inactive several days ago just declared war on me. I'm just wondering if the player has come back online and decided to attack me, or if it could be the AI doing it?
      Likely it was the A.I.

I had a game where in consecutive days 7 A.I. countries declared war on me one by one. Hilariously, I didn't even share a border with 5 of them and was operating no where near them. And, ... I don't know, but the likelihood seems related to how "notorious" you are on the notorious nations list.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Likely it was the A.I.

I had a game where in consecutive days 7 A.I. countries declared war on me one by one. Hilariously, I didn't even share a border with 5 of them and was operating no where near them. And, ... I don't know, but the likelihood seems related to how "notorious" you are on the notorious nations list.
      Thanks! I thought it might be that, but didn't know if it was possible. This country that's just declared war has got next to no units and isn't even guarding their cities, let alone launching any offensive against me.

It's actually quite frustrating, though, if I'm seen as very notorious by the AI. In this game, I have only attacked 2 little AI countries with one city each. The only other two wars I've been in (day 8 ) were both started by the other player concerned.

Seems like I am being punished by the AI's notoriety metric thing for... being attacked by crap players!

By the way... Is the AI nation likely to launch an invasion if I just leave them alone? We don't share a land border. I could just blockade their ports, I suppose, so if they try to launch an invasion they'll get annihilated by my ships. But I don't want to use my ships for that at the moment! It's a pain in the arse!

The post was edited 2 times, last by WalterChang ().

• WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Likely it was the A.I.

Thanks! I thought it might be that, but didn't know if it was possible. This country that's just declared war has got next to no units and isn't even guarding their cities, let alone launching any offensive against me.
      It's actually quite frustrating, though, if I'm seen as very notorious by the AI. In this game, I have only attacked 2 little AI countries with one city each. The only other two wars I've been in (day 8 ) were both started by the other player concerned.

Seems like I am being punished by the AI's notoriety metric thing for... being attacked by crap players!

By the way... Is the AI nation likely to launch an invasion if I just leave them alone? We don't share a land border. I could just blockade their ports, I suppose, so if they try to launch an invasion they'll get annihilated by my ships. But I don't want to use my ships for that at the moment! It's a pain in the arse!
      I don't think I ever seen the AI launch an invasion by sea, but when you share a land border, they certainly WILL invade, likely at several points at once.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• WalterChang wrote:

Right, I just checked the World Notoriety Register in the Newspaper. On the day that this AI country declared war on me, I was ranked the 22nd most hated country in the world, just 3 places above themselves!
      Well, ... most likely the most hated reflects a percentage chance, and you had a real unlucky day with the RNG.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I’ve had the same frustrating challenge others have, where maybe you attack two small/one city nations/states, after that one or two AI countries declare war on you, then others join in and then you’re considered the most notorious. Even though by day 10 or so all 5-10 AI countries you’re at war with are the ones who initiated the sneak attack or initial war declaration. If you’re not the one who initiated any of the wars you’re in, why is it your fault? You should only move up in ‘notorious’ rankings if you are the one who started the fight. Or at the least, use who declared war as a factor.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I don't think I ever seen the AI launch an invasion by sea, but when you share a land border, they certainly WILL invade, likely at several points at once.

Kalrakh wrote:

I do not believe, they are smart enough to use naval transport for anything else but trying to attack ships attacking them.
      ________________________________________________________________________________

It happened to me once. A.I. took over France. They declared war on me. I left my home cities open and France sent a naval transport and attacked me, unprovoked.

Edit: France then did it to my ally / coalition member. Again, unporoked.

I think the developers are slowly evolving the A.I. & rogues.

One game I saw rogues on a naval transport. I don't think they were shore bombarded or hit with artillery, thus provoking the transport suicide. It was surprising and funny.
    • The morale effect of having a bunch of NPCs declare war against you, even though you don't share borders) is a pain in the backside.

In a related vein - It's annoying that no matter how carefully you try to keep your morale as high as is possible by limiting the number of countries you attack at any one time as you expand, once the Insurgents appear in your territory and become at-war with you, your morale is down by 2 forever afterward.

It would be nice to get rid of that -2 morale hit if you clear the insurgents out of every province that borders your own provinces.

KFG