Game Rank discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DOA70 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

About 3:1 :)
      When you capture another player's city, and you have no desire to annex it, do you leave whatever buildings are there or destroy them? I destroy them (unless I need them, like airports/hospitals) as I don't want to spend the upkeep. But I wonder if that also depresses my economic score.
      Only buildings you build yourself influence your economic score. Buildings other players built or repairing them does not matter.

I always raze army bases and recruitment offices likely too. Other buildings I might keep there, because they boost economy anyway, mainly arms industry, and I might consider annexing later. Hospital help the city grow faster so they can be helpful too, though hardly anyone builds them anyway.
    • DOA70 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

When you capture another player's city, and you have no desire to annex it, do you leave whatever buildings are there or destroy them? I destroy them (unless I need them, like airports/hospitals) as I don't want to spend the upkeep. But I wonder if that also depresses my economic score.
      I destroy them, unless they are loaded and I plan to annex them. I don't care about my economic score. I only leave airports, bunkers and strategic hospitals. I don't recall arms industries, but if they were there, I'd leave them too, but naval, army bases, non-strategic hospitals and recruit offices, BOOM! Hell, I blow everything up if I think I can't hold a city or am going to lose it. (except homeland cities, but I rarely lose them, defense first, after all)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • sundance175 wrote:

If you are telling me that you can beat an experienced player who is skilled and he is willing to spend almost a $1,000 dollars in 1 match then you must be the greatest player in CON of all time. I would not be able to overcome that kind of disparity so i guess i suck at the game. I can handle the normal spender but when it goes to that level then its a different ballgame and you either ante up or he knocks you out of the game.
      LOL! if someone is willing to spend a grand on a game, it's theirs. I'll do my best just to stick around, which is what I did in my one Rising Tides map. I think Fereyd was in that game with me, and when he saw all the instantly rebuilt airfields, he just left in disgust. I stuck around just to boost my final gold haul, since the golden boy was leaving me alone because I made him laugh with my news articles.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Kalrakh wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Only buildings you build yourself influence your economic score. Buildings other players built or repairing them does not matter.
      I always raze army bases and recruitment offices likely too. Other buildings I might keep there, because they boost economy anyway, mainly arms industry, and I might consider annexing later. Hospital help the city grow faster so they can be helpful too, though hardly anyone builds them anyway.
      So how do you manage a 3:1 ratio? I'm largely like DoD in that my economic score matters little to me, but still, if there's an easy/simple way to boost it I'd consider altering my strategy.
    • I can't say, I have specific strategy to gain a 3:1 ratio, it just happens naturally to me.

I'm not an that aggressive player, between phases of conquering, I tend to have phases of consolidation, where I wait for cities to raise in morale, my troops to heal and use resources to build up economy and spread airfields/logistics.

I also do not mindless print out infantry all the time, and prefer to invest the resources instead into my economy. ;)

Here a little analysis of my economic scores:
      Files
      • Economic.png

(11.95 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )
    • Kalrakh wrote:

I can't say, I have specific strategy to gain a 3:1 ratio, it just happens naturally to me.

I'm not an that aggressive player, between phases of conquering, I tend to have phases of consolidation, where I wait for cities to raise in morale, my troops to heal and use resources to build up economy and spread airfields/logistics.

I also do not mindless print out infantry all the time, and prefer to invest the resources instead into my economy. ;)

Here a little analysis of my economic scores:
      I think it's more complicated than that because higher level buildings count for more points. At least, it seems that way to me because a couple of buildings I almost never take high level and a couple building types I always take to max level. The ratios appear to indicate that if I get, hypothetically, 10 points for level 1 building, then I would be getting 15 points for a level 2 building. But, I'm not even sure about that. I just don't think a level 2 building is 2 x the points of a level 1 building.
    • Yes, higher buildings level give higher score, like higher level units seem to also give higher score, that is why there are decimals, if calculate the total score through the total kill count.

But I calculated how many points I scored on average per map with that building type, not how many points the buildings gives me per building built.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

CoN Discussion:
      These are the stats of the top ten players in CoN by RANK
      Games Played--Games Won--Win Percentage--Overall points-Points/game

01.)1699GP 105W 6.8% 802432 472.3
      02.)740GP 192W 25.9% 705440 953.3
      03.)880GP 279W 31.7% 615299 699.2
      04.)1862GP 23W 01.2% 590353 317.1
      05.)703GP 190w 27.0% 562633 800.3
      06.)837GP 100W 11.9% 557022 665.5
      07.)324GP 171W 52.8% 512481 1,581.7
      08.)360GP 160W 44.4% 466972 1,297.1
      09.)266GP 169W 63.5% 456930 1,717.8
      10.)353GP 127W 35.9% 438306 1,241.6

What does this tell you about Rank?

Only 2/10 have a greater than 50% win rate, 2 are even below 10%, and only 2 of the remaining 6 are above 33%, or a 1 in 3 rate of winning.
      I notice the first 6 have less than 1000 PPG. Amazing!
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Yes, higher buildings level give higher score, like higher level units seem to also give higher score, that is why there are decimals, if calculate the total score through the total kill count.

But I calculated how many points I scored on average per map with that building type, not how many points the buildings gives me per building built.
      There are no decimals, just coordinates. ;)
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Yes, higher buildings level give higher score, like higher level units seem to also give higher score, that is why there are decimals, if calculate the total score through the total kill count.

That is your opinion, how ever it misses the point of this topic. ;)
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

No, that was my joke, and it fits perfectly because it was from me on my thread. ;) ;)
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

No, that was my joke, and it fits perfectly because it was from me on my thread. ;) ;)
      Yes, I am aware of that discussion ^^
    • DOA70 wrote:

You two will argue about what shade of blue the sky is, won't ya's? :D 8|
      You two will argue about what shade of blue the sky is, won't ya's? :D 8|
      blue?
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

If you are telling me that you can beat an experienced player who is skilled and he is willing to spend almost a $1,000 dollars in 1 match then you must be the greatest player in CON of all time. I would not be able to overcome that kind of disparity so i guess i suck at the game. I can handle the normal spender but when it goes to that level then its a different ballgame and you either ante up or he knocks you out of the game.
      LOL! if someone is willing to spend a grand on a game, it's theirs. I'll do my best just to stick around, which is what I did in my one Rising Tides map. I think Fereyd was in that game with me, and when he saw all the instantly rebuilt airfields, he just left in disgust. I stuck around just to boost my final gold haul, since the golden boy was leaving me alone because I made him laugh with my news articles.
      Yep. Definitely have to keep the perspective that its just a game.