Game Rank discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Rank discussion

CoN Discussion:
      These are the stats of the top ten players in CoN by RANK
      Games Played--Games Won--Win Percentage--Overall points-Points/game

01.)1699GP 105W 6.8% 802432 472.3
      02.)740GP 192W 25.9% 705440 953.3
      03.)880GP 279W 31.7% 615299 699.2
      04.)1862GP 23W 01.2% 590353 317.1
      05.)703GP 190w 27.0% 562633 800.3
      06.)837GP 100W 11.9% 557022 665.5
      07.)324GP 171W 52.8% 512481 1,581.7
      08.)360GP 160W 44.4% 466972 1,297.1
      09.)266GP 169W 63.5% 456930 1,717.8
      10.)353GP 127W 35.9% 438306 1,241.6

What does this tell you about Rank?

Only 2/10 have a greater than 50% win rate, 2 are even below 10%, and only 2 of the remaining 6 are above 33%, or a 1 in 3 rate of winning.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dealer of Death: Edit:Added Kalrakh's suggestion- cleaned up alignment ().

• Dealer of Death wrote:

CoN Discussion:
      These are the stats of the top ten players in CoN by RANK
      Games Played Games Won Win Percentage

01.)1699GP 105W 6.8%
      02.)740GP 192W 25.9%
      03.)880GP 279W 31.7%
      04.)1862GP 23W 1.2%
      05.)703GP 190w 27.0%
      06.)837GP 100W 11.9%
      07.)324GP 171W 52.8%
      08.)360GP 160W 44.4%
      09.)266GP 169W 63.5%
      10.)353GP 127W 35.9%

What does this tell you about Rank?

Only 2/10 have a greater than 50% win rate, 2 are even below 10%, and only 2 of the remaining 6 are above 33%, or a 1 in 3 rate of winning.
      It is a open secret, that game rank is meaning less because it does not qualify how well a player plays, just how much.
      Some people join dozens of maps at the same time.

Same goes about alliance ELO, an alliance can be Top 1 without having ever playerd against another top alliance, just by farming noob alliances.
    • Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

04.)1862GP 23W 1.2%
      excuse me but wtf
      I know, right?

I'm 2 wins shy of his win total and I'm only a middling Master Sargent (He is a 2 Star General), and I've played 1.39% of the games he has.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dealer of Death ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

You should expand your scoring by calculating the average experience they gained per map played :)
      Do you mean as in Overall Score/games played???

Well, if that's what you meant, ... DONE!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dealer of Death ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

You should expand your scoring by calculating the average experience they gained per map played :)
      So, adding in your suggestion, While 7-10 are World class players, (Exceeding Kalrakh, Teburu, and Opulon's points/per game) it seems #9 DBailey3908 is the guy you have to watch out for in your games.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Kalrakh wrote:

Having an high point gain, does not mean you are not using gold.
      How ever my own ratio is muddled, because I sometimes joined game to check something like coalition size or I was so bored of a map, that I just archived it. :D

I know, that Prosac has a PpG of 2500+, he only played 11 games and scored 28k+ point :)
      Well I admittedly have used gold early on, in fact, I'm sure you remember 1 game we were in together where I did so, tho not as much as you may have thought. However, it has become a point with me to use only what I win now, so usually that's only good for 1 resource bump, every other game. Doing so has allowed my skill to grow, but using it early in my career allowed me to better understand what units were capable of what.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• The real purpose of gold would be, to compensate for the lack of activity one might commit to the game because of his job or other reasons. Speeding up a research so you do not need to wait until 2 AM to put enough one up.

But while there is a limit how much time you can invest: a day has only 24 hours and units do not fight quicker, because you are watching them, it is on the other hand limitless how much of your money put in.
      How every relying on gold for everything, of course does not help you develope propper skills. :D
    • DOA70 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I wonder if anyone has over 2,000 points/game?
      I have just over half that: 1,054. And that seems 'bout right for my skill/dedication/gold level. On the other hand, over 80% of my points are military. I noticed the top 10 mostly have a military/economic ratio of around 3-1. My ratio is almost 7-1.
      LOL, my ratio is 6-1
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Kalrakh wrote:

The real purpose of gold would be, to compensate for the lack of activity one might commit to the game because of his job or other reasons. Speeding up a research so you do not need to wait until 2 AM to put enough one up.

But while there is a limit how much time you can invest: a day has only 24 hours and units do not fight quicker, because you are watching them, it is on the other hand limitless how much of your money put in.
      How every relying on gold for everything, of course does not help you develope propper skills. :D
      This game becomes more like a war when 2 opponents are good players plus are willing to spend big money against each other. You will understand how intense this game can get.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sundance175 ().

• sundance175 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

The real purpose of gold would be, to compensate for the lack of activity one might commit to the game because of his job or other reasons. Speeding up a research so you do not need to wait until 2 AM to put enough one up.

This game becomes more like a war when 2 opponents are good players plus are willing to spend big money against each other. You will understand how intense this game can be.
      'Being good' and 'Spending a lot of money' though tend to exclude each other, because if you rely on your pocket, you care less about playing well. In case of an error in decision on your side you can just replenish your losses.

Fighting a somebody who plays with his pocket, while you do not use your own, that is really intense.

Also I earn quite well, though I surely could not afford with good consience to spend so much money on something like this.

Gifting a friend a game, so we can play it together, just offers more value for me, than buying 20k of supply.
    • If you are telling me that you can beat an experienced player who is skilled and he is willing to spend almost a $1,000 dollars in 1 match then you must be the greatest player in CON of all time. I would not be able to overcome that kind of disparity so i guess i suck at the game. I can handle the normal spender but when it goes to that level then its a different ballgame and you either ante up or he knocks you out of the game.

The post was edited 3 times, last by sundance175 ().

• I never said such a thing, I said, most golders I met where horribly at playing CON. Still lost most of the time, but not because they played well. :)

Against one golder I had a score of 40k to 8k, so he needed to call in friends to help.

To beat a golder, you generally need your own friends to compensate, if they spend literaly hundreds in cash.

Some are pretty impossible to beat like Nukers in the first few weeks and those who destroy all your cities with spies or set city morale everywhere to 0%.
      Though this can't be hardly called 'skilled' gameplay? :D
    • Kalrakh wrote:

I never said such a thing, I said, most golders I met where horribly at playing CON. Still lost most of the time, but not because they played well. :)

Against one golder I had a score of 40k to 8k, so he needed to call in friends to help.
      Unfortunately i had the privilege of playing against that kind of player. He was more experienced then me and he enjoyed insta-sabotaging every building i built on the map ( i did not even know what the pink color was when it all started popping up on my screen because i never even knew how all that worked. dirty b.s is what it is). I am solo and going up against his coalition and i took half the map and knocked out his teammate and am on his doorstep and i hit him hard and he just got pissed. I did fight him with $$ after that so i could return the favor of what he did to me. I got so close to knock him out ( i needed about 15 more minutes of attacking) then he pops online with more $$$ and poof there goes all my buildings and infrastructure again. Finally i decided it was stupid and if he wanted to win that bad then fine. I am proud to say i finished the game alive by hitting and running with ballistic missiles and all sorts of guerrilla tactics. I was on friendly terms with 1 of his teammates so he left me alone but the jerk and his other teammate finally got tired of trying to knock me out and i survived. ( i will say...he was not that great of a player. he only won because he knew how to spend his $1000 bucks on sabotage and other stuff and i had not clue at first. Sorry for the long story. I will never forget it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sundance175 ().