Combat Details

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combat Details

1. Does current damage to a unit affect its combat effectiveness?
      In other words, does a half strength unit do less damage to the enemy than a full strength one does?

2. When in combat with an enemy, is it either:
      a. One side shoots first, reduces the hit points of the other, then the other side shoots back?
      b. Both sides fire at the same time, then their respective hit points reduced?
      c. Something else?

3. When there are multiple units on one side, is the damage received for that side divided equally by the number of units, then the adjusted amount applied to each unit?
      In other words, if I have two units defending, and they receive a total of ten points of damage from the enemy, does each of my units lose five hit points????

4. When looking at the display for units at a given location, I notice that the display pools the hit points for multiple instances of the same unit type.
      Is that just a display effect, and each unit keeps their respective hit points?

In other words,assume that a motorized infantry at a location has five hit points,then a second motorized infantry arrives with ten hit points.
      For the purposes of combat, does each retain their respective hit points?

5. Three way fight.
      Two nations at a location are fighting each other. Then a third nation arrives who is at war with the other two. Who shoots at whom?
    • Hydralysk wrote:

1. Does current damage to a unit affect its combat effectiveness?
      In other words, does a half strength unit do less damage to the enemy than a full strength one does?
      YES

2. When in combat with an enemy, is it either:
      a. One side shoots first, reduces the hit points of the other, then the other side shoots back?
      b. Both sides fire at the same time, then their respective hit points reduced?
      c. Something else?

3. When there are multiple units on one side, is the damage received for that side divided equally by the number of units, then the adjusted amount applied to each unit?
      In other words, if I have two units defending, and they receive a total of ten points of damage from the enemy, does each of my units lose five hit points????
      LOL NO, all hit stacks recieve full dmg; thats splash dmg for you

4. When looking at the display for units at a given location, I notice that the display pools the hit points for multiple instances of the same unit type.
      Is that just a display effect, and each unit keeps their respective hit points?

In other words,assume that a motorized infantry at a location has five hit points,then a second motorized infantry arrives with ten hit points.
      For the purposes of combat, does each retain their respective hit points?
      NO; they both get put into the same pool... so if max HP for Inf is 15 putting 10+5 together gives you a stack that will instantly loose that second inf when it gets it cuz the 15HP are only enough for 1 Inf

5. Three way fight.
      Two nations at a location are fighting each other. Then a third nation arrives who is at war with the other two. Who shoots at whom?
      YES
      I am The Baseline for opinions