Cruiser Current State

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cruiser Current State

Had a conversation on our discord server earlier about Cruisers that led me to post this

Cruisers, in their current state, appear too well rounded. A stack of 5 cruisers have considerable damage to every type of unit. I think this upsets the relationship that different naval ships have
      Currently: Friagte counters planes, destroyer counters subs, Cruiser counters Ships and Helicopters

Do you think cruiser stats are fine as they are, or should they be assigned some sort of serious weakness? For example, take damage vs submarine away, making submarine more viable and destroyers essential
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Cruisers, in their current state, appear too well rounded. A stack of 5 cruisers have considerable damage to every type of unit
      except missiles or subs; really if youre gonna make that argument then don't forget to add really any shipstack at maxlvl has pretty similar stats

Fixed WingHeliMissileShipSubs
      Frigate10x5=502x5=104x5=208x5=405x5=25100 AA Range
      Destroyer4x5=203x5=151.5x5=7.512x5=6015x5=75Sonar
      Cruiser4x5=205.5x5=27.51x5=520x5=1005x5=2550 AA Range

while frigate has lower dmg vs Helis it actually can deal more dmg cuz 100 range enables it to hit approaching helis multiple times

tldr: a stack of any 5 ships has "considerable damage to every type of unit" really only thing it does in reality is emphasizing their strengths/weaknesses more
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

tldr: a stack of any 5 ships has "considerable damage to every type of unit" really only thing it does in reality is emphasizing their strengths/weaknesses more
      Just noticed the whole frigate radar thing
      Would it necessarily be a bad thing to emphasize their weaknesses more? To me it seems that unless you have been focused on attack subs or NPA the whole game then you are kind of screwed. If the counters to other enemies are there, should the strongest ship really have their own defense against them?
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Just noticed the whole frigate radar thingWould it necessarily be a bad thing to emphasize their weaknesses more? To me it seems that unless you have been focused on attack subs or NPA the whole game then you are kind of screwed. If the counters to other enemies are there, should the strongest ship really have their own defense against them?
      I mean there arent really that many options to contest ships to begin with (that arent ships) but tbh you can pretty much just missle everything to death thats not a shitton of frigates... the real danger comes from mixed stacks
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

I mean there arent really that many options to contest ships to begin with (that arent ships) but tbh you can pretty much just missle everything to death thats not a shitton of frigates... the real danger comes from mixed stacks
      well yeah
      The thing is, a good ship stack shouldn’t be too counter able. Since stacking limit is 5, and there are 3 main types, there will be holes. 2 Frig 1 destroyer 2 cruiser? Subs. 2 frig, 2 destroyer 1 cruiser? Cruisers, etc

The concern is the fact that cruisers alone can fill the roles. Not everyone has CM, let alone 15 HP Cm, so this becomes a problem. A stack of 5 NPA should not be threatened by a ship not designed to counter them, especially when a ship specifically designed to counter them exists
      Yee Haw