How is damage applied to mixed stacks?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• playbabe wrote:

damage distribution doesn’t considered HP
      you have more MAA in your stack which concentrated enemy attack strength there and absorbed it.

to survive pure attack heli stack, i recommended you slab in a inf and ng. those will migrate enemy strength and wasted it. like how in your pic the inf barley take damage
      I know, but the HP shows, how much more damage my MAAV had to receive to die, compared to MRL.

Also they were only 50% of the complete stack, but they seem to have attracted more than 50% of the total damage received, even though they had the by far best defense rating against choppers.
    • to be fair the RNG could and would clouded any result of attempting researching this.

Web capture_30-4-2021_205637_nu365-my.sharepoint.com.jpeg

here some result from my on going research on this topic.
      (op.soft and op.hard are damage show in enemy stack, stg is strength convert from damage deal to my units back into %)

for all sample i have currently i can only conclude that 'more units = more damage'
      the formula i gave is speculation try to think what dev would do which somewhat agree from sample i have.

from sample i bring up here, you can see strength can swing from reasonable to double or more it should be
      but still m.inf and recon which have high number in the stack do taking large damage proportion to lone unit
      if this is not a results from RNG i have no idea what, since last time i remember dev saying that units priority is not yet a thing.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

to be fair the RNG could and would clouded any result of attempting researching this.

Web capture_30-4-2021_205637_nu365-my.sharepoint.com.jpeg

here some result from my on going research on this topic.
      (op.soft and op.hard are damage show in enemy stack, stg is strength convert from damage deal to my units back into %)

for all sample i have currently i can only conclude that 'more units = more damage'
      the formula i gave is speculation try to think what dev would do which somewhat agree from sample i have.

from sample i bring up here, you can see strength can swing from reasonable to double or more it should be
      but still m.inf and recon which have high number in the stack do taking large damage proportion to lone unit
      if this is not a results from RNG i have no idea what, since last time i remember dev saying that units priority is not yet a thing.
      Looks promising, I like statistics, but I am kind of to lazy to do all the necessary testing, also yes the RNG would make detail analysis quite complicated by default. :D

I would suggest you need to first equalize the damage values done to soft and hard: If the attacking unit does 7 Soft and 3.5 Hard, you must double all the damage done to Hard to make it comparable.
      For example: If the unit did 3.5 damage to Soft and 1.75 to Hard, it might look like it did more damage to Soft, but in reality it split is damage 50:50.

After that, you can compare it with the estimated damage split. for the sample 4.1 you would expect: 10:40:10:30:10 because of how the units are distributed.
    • Some units take damage in priority, it has been confirmed since a long time by designers.

Support units take in priority.
      Officers are behind other units.

National Guard also is "cannon fodder", if you ever make testing with 1 NG and 1 Mot Inf lvl 1 (equivalent hps).

Of course, more units in a type stack always mean better mitigation, :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • They never have hidden this information. But it's pretty arbitrary, and not very well explained (sometimes it is, through unit descriptions, but of course... )
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Some units take damage in priority, it has been confirmed since a long time by designers.

National Guard also is "cannon fodder", if you ever make testing with 1 NG and 1 Mot Inf lvl 1 (equivalent hps).

But in this example infantry take much less damage (50% down) and tanks (recon and TD) take more of the blast (50% up)
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Some units take damage in priority, it has been confirmed since a long time by designers.

But in this example infantry take much less damage (50% down) and tanks (recon and TD) take more of the blast (50% up)
      Interesting. To be honest, i just know that they are playing with some hidden values, but don't ask me what those values are.

My knowledge is pretty limited to

"SAM die quicker" lol