Pay for peace of mind

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pay for peace of mind

Hi.

Don't know if its because there has been some campaign or insane offer somewhere, but me and my friends have encountered a high amount of lvl 1 or 2 profiles using insane amounts of gold in one single game, we are talking 400-600K, so seriously game breaking amounts. Obviously this is good news for the Devs, means they are making good money and the do need to make a living somehow.

Problem is that it works as a deterrent for anyone else with serious intentions of playing. Even people who invest the odd 20 dollar bill now and then and buys the security council subscription every month.

TBH I think the devs loose income in the long run since these monkeys burn off the gold and then move on to other games.

ANYWAY..

I would love to see a feature where you would pay say 2-5 bucks for joining a premium game. once in this game there would be no gold allowed. The reason for my rant is that you do put down some work into a game, and it is a shame to see it all for nothing because some kind decides to ruin it by tossing nukes left and right on day 15. I believe most serious players would also like the abillity to play "Real" games without people having the abillityto basically cheat.
    • I strongly support this point and we have discussed it a lot in this forum if you use the search functionality. Unfortunatly there is this GermanicoNO bot....

In respect to the alliance advise: This would work if you wanne do a team game...but the point is an open game with lose strings...

I mean obviusly there are statisitcs on how much Gold i spend in a single game...just make the average of this split it by amount of players per map and let it pay every player of the game.

If think these mpas will show a real good activity!
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • HoneyPuffs wrote:

Hi.

Don't know if its because there has been some campaign or insane offer somewhere, but me and my friends have encountered a high amount of lvl 1 or 2 profiles using insane amounts of gold in one single game, we are talking 400-600K, so seriously game breaking amounts. Obviously this is good news for the Devs, means they are making good money and the do need to make a living somehow.

Problem is that it works as a deterrent for anyone else with serious intentions of playing. Even people who invest the odd 20 dollar bill now and then and buys the security council subscription every month.

TBH I think the devs loose income in the long run since these monkeys burn off the gold and then move on to other games.

ANYWAY..

I would love to see a feature where you would pay say 2-5 bucks for joining a premium game. once in this game there would be no gold allowed. The reason for my rant is that you do put down some work into a game, and it is a shame to see it all for nothing because some kind decides to ruin it by tossing nukes left and right on day 15. I believe most serious players would also like the abillity to play "Real" games without people having the abillityto basically cheat.
      In one of my games about a month ago, I was playing as Poland and had conquered Europe and most of Northern Africa, and it was going good until my neighbor to the east, Iran, nuked 4 of my home cities ON DAY 18!! Judging from the units and buildings this guy had, I would say he spent upwards of 75K gold, maybe more.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

As soon as I see a Golder in my game i go or TDS ASAP...

its great to take down their nukes and see them wasting good money for nothing...
      Yeah, but it still takes forever to get that level 5 army base built before you can even churn ONE out
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

its great to take down their nukes and see them wasting good money for nothing...
      Yeah, but it still takes forever to get that level 5 army base built before you can even churn ONE out
      Patience is a virtue young padawan.

By day 10 I have at least lvl 4 armybase anyway...you know MRL and stuff...

If you start building armybase from scratch on day 15 you are alot case anyway...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

If you start building armybase from scratch on day 15 you are alot case anyway...
      Young? Padawan? Likely I am older than you, and as far as Padawan, I am a Sith Lord, maybe not as good as you, but far from a learner. And as far as Army base, I didn't mean to imply from scratch, but even 3-4 and 4-5 are horribly expensive and time consuming if you had been doing anything else, or weren't just sitting on your resources waiting to build MRLS.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • well lets say i dont waste resources on infantry so plenty leftover for army base upgrades...

But let my quote from Goethes Faust (or Fist) my favorite part where Mephisto responses on the question of his nature: "I am Part of that force that always wants theevil and always produces the good."
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Young? Padawan? Likely I am older than you, and as far as Padawan, I am a Sith Lord, maybe not as good as you, but far from a learner. And as far as Army base, I didn't mean to imply from scratch, but even 3-4 and 4-5 are horribly expensive and time consuming if you had been doing anything else, or weren't just sitting on your resources waiting to build MRLS.
      Yes, but I usually want to get a few anti-missile units out by day 15, in case a gold spammer does start nuking...
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: