I Never Actually Observed This, ... Does Anyone know?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I Never Actually Observed This, ... Does Anyone know?

Suppose I had a single slightly damaged level 1 ASF with 18/20 hp [90%]. (western doctrine) Now, I upgrade that line to level 2, which has a 22 hp maximum. I never actually paid attention.

Does my ASF now have?

A.) 20/22 hp (+2)
      B.) 19.8/22 hp (90%)
      C.) Potato Salad
      D.) 42 ('cause)
      E.) 13.2 (EWA craft renders them blind and they trip over a cat, damaging their ailerons)
      F.) Some other value (you explain)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Hmmm, so B, huh? Seems unfair. If your ASF is at full, the 2 hp increase is given in full, but if injured, you get screwed out of 0.2 hp. So if you had 10 at 10, you get cheated 10 hp!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Hmmm, so B, huh? Seems unfair. If your ASF is at full, the 2 hp increase is given in full, but if injured, you get screwed out of 0.2 hp. So if you had 10 at 10, you get cheated 10 hp!

Dealer of Death wrote:

Hmmm, so B, huh? Seems unfair. If your ASF is at full, the 2 hp increase is given in full, but if injured, you get screwed out of 0.2 hp. So if you had 10 at 10, you get cheated 10 hp!
      I would be quite pissed if my TDS was about to kill an ICBM and then the missile just healed Transformer-style in mid air before impact
      Yee Haw
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Suppose I had a single slightly damaged level 1 ASF with 18/20 hp [90%]. (western doctrine) Now, I upgrade that line to level 2, which has a 22 hp maximum. I never actually paid attention.

Does my ASF now have?

A.) 20/22 hp (+2)
      B.) 19.8/22 hp (90%)
      C.) Potato Salad
      D.) 42 ('cause)
      E.) 13.2 (EWA craft renders them blind and they trip over a cat, damaging their ailerons)
      F.) Some other value (you explain)
      we're talking about con; so of course it's C
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • sundance175 wrote:

If i had it my way nothing that is prebuilt before the upgrade would gain anything. Only new units built after the upgrade would get the benefits. A level 1 stays level 1 for entire game. Just seems more realistic to me and would add another layer of strategy.
      I think you could have it so that you can apply upgrades to each tier (improved optics, engine replacement, etc), but you'd need to do it manually and for a cost like it is in Call of War. But then when you upgrade to a new tier, you' have to build all new units to reflect that it's a new piece of equipment altogether.

To make this work, they'd have to allow you to either disband your old units, or sell them to other countries (the game could fix the sale prices to avoid people exploiting it). Maybe an exception could be made for infantry, so they can be continuously upgraded (re-trained) throughout.
    • sundance175 wrote:

If i had it my way nothing that is prebuilt before the upgrade would gain anything. Only new units built after the upgrade would get the benefits. A level 1 stays level 1 for entire game. Just seems more realistic to me and would add another layer of strategy.
      I really don’t like this idea. CoW chose this path and it is nothing but a pain in the ass. Economy becomes very tedious this way.
      At the very least, make it so they upgrade over time but you can speed it up
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

I really don’t like this idea. CoW chose this path and it is nothing but a pain in the ass. Economy becomes very tedious this way.At the very least, make it so they upgrade over time but you can speed it up
      I prefer it. It makes more sense, and it allows for more strategy.

Higher level units cost more to build, so makes sense that when you upgrade your units from lower tiers you have to pay the difference. The time it takes to upgrade units in CoW (an hour or two) is fairly negligible.

Having units of the same type but different levels allows you to pull deception strategies on your enemies. You can show them your top-tier stuff as a deterrent, even if you only have a couple of them upgraded while the rest are lower. Or the other way around, you can show them your low level units to draw them into thinking they have an advantage, but then hit them with your upgraded units when they're committed. Or it allows you to conserve resources by keeping your units at lower levels until you need them - then it's a fast upgrade when you need to go to war.
    • WalterChang wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

I really don’t like this idea. CoW chose this path and it is nothing but a pain in the ass. Economy becomes very tedious this way.At the very least, make it so they upgrade over time but you can speed it up
      I prefer it. It makes more sense, and it allows for more strategy.
      Higher level units cost more to build, so makes sense that when you upgrade your units from lower tiers you have to pay the difference. The time it takes to upgrade units in CoW (an hour or two) is fairly negligible.

Having units of the same type but different levels allows you to pull deception strategies on your enemies. You can show them your top-tier stuff as a deterrent, even if you only have a couple of them upgraded while the rest are lower. Or the other way around, you can show them your low level units to draw them into thinking they have an advantage, but then hit them with your upgraded units when they're committed. Or it allows you to conserve resources by keeping your units at lower levels until you need them - then it's a fast upgrade when you need to go to war.
      Interesting idea.. as long as this game does not turn into COW ( which i did not like very much)
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

It would be much less convenient and likely turn more people off than on.
      Well, it doesn't seem to turn people off Call of War.
      It most certainly turned me off
      I played COW 1 time and just did not like it. Played 1 game of Supremacy and 1 game of Supremacy 1...prefer CON. Will say Supremacy 1 was crazy

The post was edited 1 time, last by sundance175 ().

• Colonel Waffles wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

First time I agree with waffles...
      *DoD looks away*
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."