AA-Artillery reloading time or not?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kranzegrad wrote:

I wonder...

I heard about rumors from CoN chat. AA-vehicle unit fire to aircraft or helicopter in during air raid. After air raid, AA-vehicle Reloading takes about 15 min, is it true?
      I have no idea what you are actually asking here.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

I wonder...

I heard about rumors from CoN chat. AA-vehicle unit fire to aircraft or helicopter in during air raid. After air raid, AA-vehicle Reloading takes about 15 min, is it true?
      There are 2 ways AA attack in this game: Envelope and Point Defense

The Envelope (what you are describing) scans every few minutes for enemy planes. If there are enemy planes inside the envelope then the AA will attack all the enemy planes and reload for about 10 minutes

Point defense happens when the AA is attacked directly. It will only deal damage to units attacking it, and has no reload.
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

I wonder...

There are 2 ways AA attack in this game: Envelope and Point Defense
      The Envelope (what you are describing) scans every few minutes for enemy planes. If there are enemy planes inside the envelope then the AA will attack all the enemy planes and reload for about 10 minutes

Point defense happens when the AA is attacked directly. It will only deal damage to units attacking it, and has no reload.
      The Envelope is correct, the Point Defense only partly: It is defense, not an attack, that is why there is no reload.

The second form of attack you probably meant is: defense assistance. AA-unit fires its shot to defend another stack or city in reach during an attack, therefore going on CD. The CD is only 10 min, but that way the AA will likely skip the next Envelope check.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

I wonder...

There are 2 ways AA attack in this game: Envelope and Point DefenseThe Envelope (what you are describing) scans every few minutes for enemy planes. If there are enemy planes inside the envelope then the AA will attack all the enemy planes and reload for about 10 minutes

The Envelope is correct, the Point Defense only partly: It is defense, not an attack, that is why there is no reload.
      That’s what I meant. The AA is being attacked, therefore it is defending

The second form of attack you probably meant is: defense assistance. AA-unit fires its shot to defend another stack or city in reach during an attack, therefore going on CD. The CD is only 10 min, but that way the AA will likely skip the next Envelope check.
      This is interesting. Well I would consider AA firing in defense of another unit AA Envelope, I never heard of it skipping the next envelope check
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

I wonder...

There are 2 ways AA attack in this game: Envelope and Point DefenseThe Envelope (what you are describing) scans every few minutes for enemy planes. If there are enemy planes inside the envelope then the AA will attack all the enemy planes and reload for about 10 minutes
      The Envelope is correct, the Point Defense only partly: It is defense, not an attack, that is why there is no reload.That’s what I meant. The AA is being attacked, therefore it is defending

This is interesting. Well I would consider AA firing in defense of another unit AA Envelope, I never heard of it skipping the next envelope check
      The defense only attacks one target, while the envelope attacks all targets.

A unit can't fire while reloading, so if it is still reloading while the envelope check occurs, it has to skip it. Reloading lasts 10 min and the check occurs all 10 min, so there is no way to finish the reload before the next envelope check.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

The defense only attacks one target, while the envelope attacks all targets.
      A unit can't fire while reloading, so if it is still reloading while the envelope check occurs, it has to skip it. Reloading lasts 10 min and the check occurs all 10 min, so there is no way to finish the reload before the next envelope check.
      Thanks 'Kalrakh'
      Guns are always loaded.