Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Insurgents

Cipher36 - - Questions & Answers

I don't believe that that information is currently correct. By my recollection, any territory with a morale below ~34% has a chance of spawning a unit of Insurgents. Keeping a friendly unit stationed in a location reduces the percent chance of insurgency occurring; however, the chance is only reduced to zero if there are multiple friendly units stationed in the same location, sufficient to mitigate the chance of insurgency completely. The percent chance of insurgency can be found in the informat…

• It's meant to simulate regime change. Regardless of whether or not fighting occurred, conquering and occupying a city is going to result in some form of upheaval. All you can really do is leave a few units in place for a day or two and construct a bunker and/or hospital to try and raise morale faster. The only instance in which you can take any territory and not have a major drop in morale is if you're liberating your own or a Coalition Ally's home territory.

• 500 Gold for a 10% morale gain is the standard for any Bytro game you'd care to name, as far as I know. Supremacy 1914, Call of War, I think New World Empires even uses it - it's just the system in place, and in my experience, it's what works. The idea behind morale is that immediately after conquest, a province is in a state of upheaval for a day or two* until local troops can settle the populace down. It's a realistic mechanic, and it also sets a pace for offensive campaigns by forcing a playe…

• Right, 12 hours. My mind is still running on numbers from the 3x games.

• In my experience, Trade Embargoes have primarily been a tool of the AI to serve as a punishment for players who apply strategic bombardment doctrines against "populated" areas too often. In the hands of players, Embargoes are primarily a method by which to express displeasure with another player without straight-up declaring war and taking the morale penalty; with the exception being: Players who actually make an active and effective effort of playing the market, and even then, the effect is rea…

• In 4X Speed Game #2174115, I've found that, after closing out of the game and coming back to it around the same time the next day, I've been marked as inactive, and the AI has taken over and done a bunch of stupid stuff with my troops and relations. The game rules specify that players are marked as inactive after 2 days. For the first 30 days of the game, that meant two real-life days, or eight in-game days at 4x speed. Now, after the recent issues with the servers, I'm finding that the game see…

• Thanks, Yak!

• Game number is 2145056, on the Europe 1990 map. Game ended on Day 41 when I, Cipher36 (forum and IG name), as the Ukrainian SSR, reached 1382/1350 Victory Points at the turn of the day. Have not received any gold as of ~5 hours later. Thinking it might have something to do with all of the weird server stuff that's gone on recently, but I'm not an expert - I just kind of want my gold for my first World Domination win, and wondering what's up. forum.conflictnations.com/index.php?attachment/693/for…

• True enough; I suppose the hard-coded constraints associated with carriers have just kind of faded from mind with how long the ideas have been on the table. In the meantime, considering that helicopters are all carrier-friendly in the first place, the literal interpretation of "Helicopter Carriers" has been fulfilled; and with the addition of Air Strips and Naval Wharfs, island-hopping with airborne troops is at the very least feasible for Europe, the Americas, and East Asia.

• There's also the option of simply adding in a separate Marine Amphibious Assault Ship, I would think. Lesser capacity for aircraft - 2/3/5 in contrast to the full carrier's 5/8/10, and lesser stats all around compared to the full carrier for surface combat and air defense. And, if feasible, could take on Marines in a manner similar to aircraft, as opposed to simply grouping up with them as convoy units, thereby adding the battlegroup's defensive stats to the Marines for the time that they're sta…

• Default fire control setting for regular (non-Security Council) players is fire automatically at the closest enemy unit within range until it dies. So if an enemy aircraft passes through your Theater Defense System's effective radius, the system will engage and cause appropriate damage within the allotted timeframe; however, if that aircraft passes back through before the system is reloaded, it won't take damage again until the system has another attack prepared.

• Given that the individual unit for Air Mobile troops is a Squadron, and a Squadron in the U.S. Army is equivalent to a Company in respect to Armored and Air Cavalry, a single unit of Air Mobile troops most likely consists of anywhere from 150-250 soldiers. Because most Bytro games including this one substitute actual numbers for percentages or HP, however, this can't really be confirmed by anyone but the Devs and GOs. And before anyone says it: No, it's not terribly realistic to have a single Sq…

• Gaining Victory

There's a lot of circumstances in which smaller countries can cling to life and War status through singular tiny, unnoticeable island provinces, or even in places like Kuwait where it's difficult to discern the city from the surrounding provinces.

• Alright, now I've come back after eight hours and found my artillery regiment engaging a Swedish armored unit that is stuck out at sea and engaged by a friendly Corvette; so either something changed, some condition wasn't being met before that has been met now, or the effect previously simply wasn't observable to me.

• Perhaps I might've missed a change in some patch notes somewhere, but is artillery behavior no longer set to automatically engage any enemy units within range when stationary? I've had two regiments of Towed Artillery and a regiment of armor guarding the port of Bremen, Germany, for over two weeks now, but it always seems that Sweden's units end up landing at the port and attacking completely unmolested; and now, my theory regarding artillery's default behavior has been confirmed in Nantes, Fran…

• Much as I enjoy watching A-10s come in and rip ground forces to shreds, the writers have a point in that the Warthog was developed for a time in which the biggest concerns for CAS birds were ground fire from machine guns and SPAA. The only real reason why the plane remains today is because the Iraqis somehow succeeded in making themselves the ideal target for a flying 30mm rotary cannon by not really investing heavily into providing their armored troops with substantial anti-aircraft capabilitie…

• Make Espionage More Affordable

Cipher36 - - Suggestions

As it stands, with Spies maintaining their $15,000 recruitment cost from CoW, most players who are actively spending money to improve their infrastructure, producing units semi-regularly, or even just conducting research will have a hard time justifying dropping anywhere from a quarter to half of their budget on one spy. Between five games, I'd have to say that my average budget in the middle of a given day is somewhere around $30-35,000 before I start dropping cash and resources on research and…

• Amphibious Assault Ship

Cipher36 - - Suggestions

If I recall correctly, Germanico has already stated that Helicopter Carriers or something of the nature is somewhere on the devs' radars at this point. They'll get to it eventually, but right now they're focused on ironing out existing mechanics and bugs before jumping into adding units to the trees.

• Heyyo! Cipher36 here. Started out on S1914 two or three years ago, shifted to CoW and been there for two years - been a Frontline Pioneer for about six months - and heard about this place while browsing the New Cold War RP in the CoW forum. I'm nineteen going on twenty, signing in from my home in Alaska where I'm on break from my university studies in Mechanical Engineering. Loving the game so far - bugs notwithstanding - and I'm looking forward to sticking it out and seeing the final product.

• Battle reports

Hey, Xao. The only way to track battle reports is through the newspaper; if you look for updates involving your own country, there are records of engagements in which units have been destroyed. However, they're not always specific about what exactly destroyed the unit in question; and if the units were part of a larger division that wasn't entirely destroyed, then all you'll find in the paper is casualty statistics under your country's name. Basically, go into the CON News tab, select the "Mysel…