I did some deeper diving into aircraft carrier...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I did some deeper diving into aircraft carrier...

and I start to like them. Not as a game changer. Because they arent. But as a nice to have toy starting day 30+.

I had 4 of them on lvl 2 (asking myself if i should upgrade to lvl 3 just for the sack of +20 heli spots) acompanied with an admiral and 5 fregattes. Carriering 10 elite helis, 1 helicaptain and 9 choppers.

Anyone ask what no submarine defense? And I must say...no...I just ran them over with the aircraft carriers...gave a little bumb and some nasty bumbs and scratches on the ship hull but overall a satifying experience...

submarine.png

If a had ship contact i send out the helicopters (would have been even more effective if naval patrol would work) and in the night i parked in shallow waters for healing...

Great experience. Only downside is that the helicoprters are stuck on the carriers. You cant send them away(airport or airfield) if the distance is above 500km) I wonder why there is such a limitation to airlift in comparrison to land bases airfields.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Teburu wrote:

they also make it a great deal easier to bully island nations without maxing out your civilian casualties penalty :D, imo the mobile healing is still the best part about carriers tho
      well the plan was exactly this....hide somewhere and to surprise attacks with stealth helicopters....i lost 2 of them running into the enemy airforce. So I noticed my dirty plan doesnt work without AWACS...but i didnt have the time (1 week) to max auch research for this...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

and I start to like them. Not as a game changer. Because they arent. But as a nice to have toy starting day 30+.

I had 4 of them on lvl 2 (asking myself if i should upgrade to lvl 3 just for the sack of +20 heli spots) acompanied with an admiral and 5 fregattes. Carriering 10 elite helis, 1 helicaptain and 9 choppers.

Anyone ask what no submarine defense? And I must say...no...I just ran them over with the aircraft carriers...gave a little bumb and some nasty bumbs and scratches on the ship hull but overall a satifying experience...

submarine.png

If a had ship contact i send out the helicopters (would have been even more effective if naval patrol would work) and in the night i parked in shallow waters for healing...

Great experience. Only downside is that the helicoprters are stuck on the carriers. You cant send them away(airport or airfield) if the distance is above 500km) I wonder why there is such a limitation to airlift in comparrison to land bases airfields.
      Don't spill my secret ace in the sleeves :O