Theatre Defense System bypass?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• japan samurai wrote:

ICBMs too expensive. Who even plays that long? Just get a navy and bombard him or use arty / agents / SPF.
      What I meant by using ICBMs is that if u r skillful enough u can use ICBMs without trigeering point defense
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • It is a well-known fact that the Anti-Air system used in CoN is A Load Of Bollocks™

A more pointlessly convoluted gameplay mechanic has yet to be devised in the minds of man. It has apparently been designed with the sole intention of causing as much anger and confusion among the playerbase as possible.

Teburu's excellent document will help you to understand the illogical base principles behind it. But only brutal trial and repeated error will allow you to feel somewhat confident in exploiting it to your advantage. And this process will require many, many hours alongside probably hundreds of wasted missiles.

Good luck.
    • Walter - If I can ever get back to developing my CoN Anti-Air simulation, maybe I can reduce the length of that learning curve you described.

Wish me luck and/or try to make me feel guilty for letting it lie fallow for the last several weeks.

When/if it is complete, the simulation will supply an implementation of the CoN Anti-Air rules that will predict the typical (no Random Number Generation involved) outcomes of Anti-Air engagements.

CSIM - Initially SFs vs SAMs
    • ITzCorey32 wrote:

I mean who doesn't want to make nukes lol? thats like saying don't make planes as people can make anti air? so what...its about having fun! my point is there is zero point in missiles at all if someone can just spam a bunch of TDS's and be completely untouchable, day 50 in my game with over 60 players still and every country has TDS's pretty much so what a fun game...lol

Quickly reading that it seems im right...so all someone would have to do is trigger a cooldown then fire another missile during this cooldown, sorted thanks.
      60 players active at day 50???
    • ITzCorey32 wrote:

I mean who doesn't want to make nukes lol? thats like saying don't make planes as people can make anti air? so what...its about having fun! my point is there is zero point in missiles at all if someone can just spam a bunch of TDS's and be completely untouchable, day 50 in my game with over 60 players still and every country has TDS's pretty much so what a fun game...lol

Quickly reading that it seems im right...so all someone would have to do is trigger a cooldown then fire another missile during this cooldown, sorted thanks.
      so yeah on the cooldown thing. There’s an aa tick. But but ….

~

…But in game play it often doesn’t go like this. Your tds take some damage from other troops. Then the aa is weaker and maybe useless against high level missiles. Then smarter players will start to use their missiles. It’s like thinking a stack of frigates will cover you from cms to protect your cruisers. They will, until they take damage and then they won’t. Then they’ll have missiles dropped on them too.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Walter - If I can ever get back to developing my CoN Anti-Air simulation, maybe I can reduce the length of that learning curve you described.

Wish me luck and/or try to make me feel guilty for letting it lie fallow for the last several weeks.

When/if it is complete, the simulation will supply an implementation of the CoN Anti-Air rules that will predict the typical (no Random Number Generation involved) outcomes of Anti-Air engagements.

CSIM - Initially SFs vs SAMs
      Good luck! (And get on with it, you lazy bum.)

Remember to include the fact that the SF's hitbox is 50 miles wide (or km, or whatever measurement the game uses) in every direction from the centre point of the unit! So active envelope AA units can see them, and shoot them, from a distance of their own max range, plus the size of the SF's patrol circle.
    • WalterChang wrote:

It is a well-known fact that the Anti-Air system used in CoN is A Load Of Bollocks™

A more pointlessly convoluted gameplay mechanic has yet to be devised in the minds of man. It has apparently been designed with the sole intention of causing as much anger and confusion among the playerbase as possible.

Teburu's excellent document will help you to understand the illogical base principles behind it. But only brutal trial and repeated error will allow you to feel somewhat confident in exploiting it to your advantage. And this process will require many, many hours alongside probably hundreds of wasted missiles.

Good luck.
      lol, even teb documents is filled with commentary.
      the whole AA mechanics can be fitted in half a page. it is very simply to explain.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD