ASW Helis aren't as good as I thought???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ASW Helis aren't as good as I thought???

Er, this is the first time I looked at ASW helis, but they do only 2 damage??? I knew it was low, but I assumed around 3-4, not 2...

So how am I actually supposed to use helis to wear down frig stacks? Mix em with gunships and attack helis? It's for my "no navy" challenge, so I need a solution...
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • ASW will win attrition (as many air vs navy fights) but it's true they are underwhelming in terms of "wow effect". If you want your no navy challenge i'd argue you stick with the ASW. Once teched up it's a bit better, but you will never be able to really "sink" fleets with it except if your opponent accepts his fate
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • To be fair they and helis in general got nerfed against ships cuz too stronk.

Issue with ASW is that it only gets significant ship dmg at higher tech lvls; but as Opulon already pointed out: ASW, and aircraft in general, will win an attrition based battle because aircraft just heal that good
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Er, this is the first time I looked at ASW helis, but they do only 2 damage??? I knew it was low, but I assumed around 3-4, not 2...

So how am I actually supposed to use helis to wear down frig stacks? Mix em with gunships and attack helis? It's for my "no navy" challenge, so I need a solution...
      If you use the Helicopter Office with them, a 5-stack is still ok at the lower levels against 1 or 2 low level ships. But they get better and better with every upgrade, so keep them up to date.

If you've got a 5-stack of ships coming at you, you'll need 10 helis or more - but that still costs less than the ships did, so take heart in that!