and now, a timer to join games?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• and now, a timer to join games?

argh.
      there's plenty of threads about the search function on joining games (please, can i just filter 4x, as that's all i play? how about only those in day 1?).
      there's plenty others on RvB maps (no need to spell out again what is wrong with this map).

right now... there's probably like 40 RvB games that will never fill up - most already in day 2 with over 50 open slots. And, as i was keeping on trying to find a decent game to join (decent = i won't spend all my time fighting AI), i get a message that says 'you've been trying to join too many games, please try again later'...?

now, i think i get the reason: when you join a game, it 'books' your slot, so if you do it 'too much' there is a lot of fake presence.

But.. first i think i joined about 5 - what is 'too much'?
      Secondly, how long is 'later'?
      Thirdly, i just want to play a game, any game, where i don't spend all the time fighting AI (the multiple RvB games), and i'd rather not spend a lot of time looking for a game.

Understanding the 'overbooking issue', can we not just add a way to release my new game slot, instead of adding another complication (the timer) in joining new games? i understand probably the timer is the easiest from a coding standpoint, but the most painful from a user standpoint?

let's go back to business: you want people to play. Making it painful for people to join games goes against your business model.

can i play a game. or am i asking too much?
      s

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgniappo ().