Rogue State Morale Penalty Should Be Removed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rogue State Morale Penalty Should Be Removed

If at any point you conquer a city, which pretty much every player will do, a war with Rogue State will start. There is no way to make peace with Rogue State. This results in pretty much every player having a permanent -2 penalty to morale from the war. Since all players have this penalty there is no benefit in terms of balancing or anything else. The only effect of the Rogue State morale penalty is that the practical total number of wars is limited by -1. Fighting a coalition with 5 members results in a total -12 to morale which makes conquering very very slow and resource production poor.

The morale penalty from the Rogue State war is pointless and should be removed.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

MunkysLoveTech wrote:

The morale penalty from the Rogue State war is pointless and should be removed.
      It is not, and should not be.
      It kinda is tho? i mean the -2 you get from rogue state is pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
      Probably only reason it exists because for the sake of mechanics rogue has to count as a country.
      The penalty itself doesn’t actually accomplish anything.
      For comparison: the penalty penalizes people that are sloppy in finishing their wars and have multiple going on and effectively puts a softcap on how many wars you can have at the same time. The penalty from rogue does none of that
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Probably only reason it exists because for the sake of mechanics rogue has to count as a country.
      Which is a good enough point for keeping it as is - rather than setting up a separate rule for it not being counted. Removing the penalty would add unnecessary complication, for no real benefit.

And, in theory, one can avoid getting into rogue wars, so there'd be a bonus for that (not that it's worth it, mind you).
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Sorry but I have to side with monkeycopulator, it is stupid. Not only is insurgency as presented stupid (all rebels in all countries acting as a unified whole) but it's stupid that you can't make peace. Additionally it's stupid that there would be the same domestic blowback (morale penalty) for engaging enemies of your enemies (as would be in the case of insurgent controlled cities of an enemy) as it would be for being at war with an organized country. Get rid of it.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD