What just happened ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What just happened ?

Long story short, I am trying to capture capitol city of my opponent with 1 motorized infantry to reduce damage to airport as much as possible.
      City is protected by one air superiority fighter. Grounded.

Units engage, my infantry goes from 15 to 13 hp and ASF goes from 15 to 5,5 hp. Sounds reasonable. Time ticks and no reason to not think in next 60 minutes Ill have new airfield.

Except... this is what I found - ASF has 4,1 hp atm, my infantry 7,6 ... ASF has ,,refueling" on it on top of ,,defending against" right now.

Just wondering what the hell just happened ???

(I conquered towns protected by grounded asf multiple times. This is first time I see this and I am confused.)
      Files
      • j.jpg

(229.32 kB, downloaded 4 times, last: )
    • Zefyros22 wrote:

Long story short, I am trying to capture capitol city of my opponent with 1 motorized infantry to reduce damage to airport as much as possible.
      City is protected by one air superiority fighter. Grounded.

Units engage, my infantry goes from 15 to 13 hp and ASF goes from 15 to 5,5 hp. Sounds reasonable. Time ticks and no reason to not think in next 60 minutes Ill have new airfield.

Except... this is what I found - ASF has 4,1 hp atm, my infantry 7,6 ... ASF has ,,refueling" on it on top of ,,defending against" right now.

Just wondering what the hell just happened ???

(I conquered towns protected by grounded asf multiple times. This is first time I see this and I am confused.)
      What game is this?

In some larger maps the capitol starts with a bunker. Jakarta is the capitol. I have had similar expierences like this as well in attacking cities with bunkers. RNG is a factor as well.
    • Squadron cycle map.

Update is like this. That infantry unit was lost. So yeah, grounded ASF that after 1st attack lost 2/3 of HP killed 80% healthy infantry unit.
      I kid you not.

And... almost killed my other infantry unit.

And as cherry on top - my single national guard with 0,1 dmage to buildings put bunker from 10 to 4 hp and airfield from 9 to 1 hp.

Moral of the story - dont bother trying to capture airfields, game mechanism screws you up.
      Files
      • jj.jpg

(103.91 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )
    • if you're a good player, then each airfield is worth about the cost of a unit. So capturing an airfield is essentially an extra unit. I'd say you've got the right idea.

I attempt to kill (usually idle/inactive) opponents without loosing any units, typically i may loose 1 or 2 ng. Point is capturing an airport will quickly allow aero to cover an area and increase production in that city.

I do assume most capitals start with a bunker.
      I do not trust my ng to kill anything, i try to pair them with my starting MotInf but that's mostly for defence. If you look at their damage to buildings most troops are like 0.1 so you can use more than 1 pretty safely, better than most alternatives. If u put a recon in the stack you'll get most idle noob units, but not without some damage.

The only other thing i can recommend would be helo.