Game Length and Victory Points

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cabernetfranc wrote:

Hey, I know it is not exactly the game length, but I feel, the rewards for winning the game should be boosted a bit. getting 1200 - 1300 gold for winning the game is not really motivating, especially, when you have 2-3 players left at the end of a game.
      Here`s the scenario, player 1 leads by 2-300 point, and is pretty close to bag the game. player 2 and 3 will become close to inactive, because they have no way on catching up the leader and spending loads of time to get 100 gold extra is not going to happen.
      How about this:
      #1 (winner) gets 3x in gold,
      #2 gets double,
      #3 and onwards 1x gold of their points?
      i like that, though alts would be a concern :(
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Cabernetfranc wrote:

Hey, I know it is not exactly the game length, but I feel, the rewards for winning the game should be boosted a bit. getting 1200 - 1300 gold for winning the game is not really motivating, especially, when you have 2-3 players left at the end of a game.
      Here`s the scenario, player 1 leads by 2-300 point, and is pretty close to bag the game. player 2 and 3 will become close to inactive, because they have no way on catching up the leader and spending loads of time to get 100 gold extra is not going to happen.
      How about this:
      #1 (winner) gets 3x in gold,
      #2 gets double,
      #3 and onwards 1x gold of their points?
      that would lead to farming essentially empty games and be bad all in all imo

NE DESIT VIRTUS
    • Finally finished. Did not get to play with boomers. I researched them but then my fuel went from 249/hr to -197/hr so had to scrap that idea. Didn't get to play with chems or nukes either but I fired a lot of cruise missiles. Black craters all over the place. Outposts came too late. I build one on an island in the Med but did not get to use it as an airbase yet. At the end I used bombers, I had 4 wings, as cruise missile platforms. I put them on patrol and then used UAV or fighter wings to patrol an area to reveal targets. I used the naval patrol for the same thing. Just had 3 of them cruising the Med looking for suckers. Long game. Didn't mind though. Would had liked to had taken over the world though, lol.CoNGame1Final.jpg
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • George Kenneth wrote:

by day 5, a 26 player game usually has 3 or 4 players left, and that's if you're lucky.
      I had this issue early on (like March, April) but recently games stay active. I am in a game now (45 player map) and still 16 active last time I checked and that is a lot considering many have gotten wiped out... When I started playing CoN I won my first few games by day 10 becuase everyone left and when it would get to 3 players I would message them and we agree to retire. It has been awhile since I have done that.
    • @Mycaddy: Great to hear. We are continously improving our measures to funnel players and keep them engaged in the maps.

This being said there is still a lot of room for improvement. Right now we are working on a new 20 player starting map that should help even further.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf