Weapons of Mass Destruction Hotfix

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weapons of Mass Destruction Hotfix

Dear Players,

Suprise update! Invest in Theatre Defense Systems, as WMDs just got a major buff! You can find detailed list of changes and fixes below.

Balancing changes
      • Conventional Cruise Missile
        • Building damage reduced from 3/5/7 to 2/3.5/5
        • Population damage reduced from 5/10/15 to 3.5/6.5/10
        • Morale damage adjusted from 5/5/5 to 2/3.5/5
      • Chemical Cruise Missile
        • Infantry damage increased from 60/80/100 to 75/112.5/150
        • Armored damage increased from 37.5/50/62.5 to 50/75/100
        • Building damage reduced from 2/3/5 to 1.5/2.5/3.5
        • Population damage reduced from 37.5/50/62.5 to 25/35/50
        • Morale damage reduced from 15/20/25 to 10/15/20
      • Nuclear Cruise Missile
        • Infantry damage increased from 75/90/110 to 100/125/150
        • Armored damage increased from 100/120/140 to 150/185/225
        • Building damage reduced from 15/20/25 to 10/15/20
        • Population damage reduced from 50/60/85 to 35/40/50
        • Morale damage reduced from 25/30/35 to 15/20/25
      • Chemical Ballistic Missile
        • Infantry damage increased from100/150/200 to 150/225/300
        • Armored damage increased from 55/75/95 to 100/150/200
      • Nuclear Ballistic Missile
        • Infantry damage increased from 120/140/160 to 220/275/330
        • Armored damage increased from 150/180/210 to 265/330/400
      • Nuclear ICBM
        • Infantry damage increased from 170/225 to 340/425
        • Armored damage increased from 300/450 to 500/650
      Bugfixes
      • Fixed bug with Main Battle Tank Engine Upgrade having no result
      • Fixed bug with Special Forces having wrong movement speed
      • Fixed bug where unit mobilization was not stop when required building was demolished
      • Fixed bug with harbours appearing in city centres resulting in breaking of access to water
        Fixed bug with German language newspaper not displaying unit names

Your CON Crew
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • You're drifting away from мariety of game strategy. Evcen now every second try build chemical weapons as soon as possible. But at least high penalties of using was a little barrier for excessive using of MDW. Now you did buffed it with nerfing of civilian casualties, building damages, and more power. Hello? why have we another units to research, if enemy use MDW without huge disadvantage of MDW.

You said one time you try prevent steamrollers, cause most players have not enough time to play against steamrollers. Since two last updates you do everything for steamrollers strategy.

As i started to play, i thought it is the best game, with best ballance i've seen, i made thoughts about buying VIP accesss. Now not any more. Destroy it more. It was not enough.

Make warheads cheaper, they are too expensive for true steamrollers.
    • Sorry to hear that last warrior, but we are not basing our decisions on gut-feeling but on three very important sources:

a) user feedback in the forums, facebook, emails, direct messages
      b) game stats reported directly to our big data
      c) internal gameplay testing and simulation of scenarios

all of these clearly indicate that only a minority of players pursue WMDs: they don't invest into chems or nukes. And by minority I mean a really low percentage of players.
      That's why we increased it. It was simply not feasible to pay and research for days to finally drop a WMD on a stack of enemies to see them lose 1-2 infantry - a result easily achieved by a dedicated conventional airstrike.
      If we overdid it we will monitor the same way we observed the lack of damage and again regulate it. This is called balancing - never stopping, ever ongoing and basically the salt in the soup of online gameplay.

Hope that explains it.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Sorry to hear that last warrior, but we are not basing our decisions on gut-feeling but on three very important sources:

a) user feedback in the forums, facebook, emails, direct messages
      b) game stats reported directly to our big data
      c) internal gameplay testing and simulation of scenarios

all of these clearly indicate that only a minority of players pursue WMDs: they don't invest into chems or nukes. And by minority I mean a really low percentage of players.
      That's why we increased it. It was simply not feasible to pay and research for days to finally drop a WMD on a stack of enemies to see them lose 1-2 infantry - a result easily achieved by a dedicated conventional airstrike.
      If we overdid it we will monitor the same way we observed the lack of damage and again regulate it. This is called balancing - never stopping, ever ongoing and basically the salt in the soup of online gameplay.

Hope that explains it.

//G
      I overreacted. I see that you use feedback of players. But feedback of active players is not eqaul to wishes of majority, who dont give feedback but wanna just play.
      I would glad to see increasing of damage for highlevel warheads, but not for lowlevel. And highlevel WMD should have higher penalties for user.
    • I dont see anything wrong with this update.

Besides WMD are absolutely useless, useless? yeah totally useless. they do absolutely nothing if you know how to defend against them and that's easy peasy.
      So the low level upgrade was necessary. And the lowering of penalties as well. I mean you really need to get lucky to be able to actually hit something with a nuke. And need to launch like 3 nukes at a city to penetrate air defenses.

Last Warrior, try using SAM or TDS. Especially the latter covers an area big enough to protect half of your core cities. to effectively shoot missiles down make a stack of 2 or better even 3 TDS. have 2 of those stacks in your home country, and if someone lobs 1-2 missiles at you then they wont hit you.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Ish is damn right, prior to this I didnt even bother researching WMDs or getting any warheads at all. Now, this has completely balanced the game.

This is a great update, and those who complain are just players who cant adapt, blow up the secret research facility, build TDS or here a cheaper way.. maybe just use frigates for some shorter range stuff. Im trying to use frigates as they are more portable than TDS. (Depending on my nation) and can bring the anti air field to my enemy easier

The only issue is... well... I was actually hoping to get another unit redone with the 3 looks :( :P hehe
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Blow up the secret research facility, build TDS or here a cheaper way.. maybe just use frigates for some shorter range stuff. Im trying to use frigates as they are more portable than TDS. (Depending on my nation) and can bring the anti air field to my enemy easier
      Frigates are actually better then TDS in about every aspect, to bad they cant be put onto land hah.
      Especialy bcos they're faster and cheaper to research and build, they can fire missiles.. cheaper to upkeep, so a seafaring country can have a huge advantage.
      they cant spot stealthy planes though can they? idk lol

idk... do research facilities die before other buildings do like on cow? havent noticed when bombing cities.. I did notice spies to prefer to blow them up
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Yes! I haven't had much experience with TDS, but a good Frigate screen inside of a good naval screen keeps all the icky stuff out (especially for island nations. A strong navy, air force, and anti-air keeps most away from me. My units see more action abroad. None of my countries have been invaded on any of my games by players, just AI which fall to a strong air force. Also having arti and AA together can hit anything coming before it hits back.
    • Frigates are good, but against missles TDS are better. they have more power against missles. First tier frigate has 4 against missles and TDS has 7; 2 tier frigate has 6 and TDS 10; 3 tier frigate 8 and TDS 13.

Normal you need 3 frigates and 2 TDS for nearly the same power.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • IshXIII wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Blow up the secret research facility, build TDS or here a cheaper way.. maybe just use frigates for some shorter range stuff. Im trying to use frigates as they are more portable than TDS. (Depending on my nation) and can bring the anti air field to my enemy easier
      Frigates are actually better then TDS in about every aspect, to bad they cant be put onto land hah.Especialy bcos they're faster and cheaper to research and build, they can fire missiles.. cheaper to upkeep, so a seafaring country can have a huge advantage.
      they cant spot stealthy planes though can they? idk lol

idk... do research facilities die before other buildings do like on cow? havent noticed when bombing cities.. I did notice spies to prefer to blow them up
      They cant spot stealth aircraft. But sure you wouldn't leave a frigate ever on their own *red October* so really will have a destroyer with them, provide ASW abilities and they also bring stealth spotting with them. Wont need a really advanced destroyer, level 1 will handle a sub and be able to keep the enemy ships at bay with a cruise missile.
      And the TDS must be the ugliest icon in game haha. The American one isnt too bad but the European one is really bad. And they are usually have the nicest land stuff imo. Russian one isnt too bad compared to some of their other stuff

Im not sure on that but I believe so, another player gave me intel of one lads cities and what they building etc. Had a few heavy bombers bomb it over night. I think it it may be distributed evenly but Im not really sure.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu