X4 Speed Game Marking Players Inactive Too Early

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• X4 Speed Game Marking Players Inactive Too Early

In 4X Speed Game #2174115, I've found that, after closing out of the game and coming back to it around the same time the next day, I've been marked as inactive, and the AI has taken over and done a bunch of stupid stuff with my troops and relations. The game rules specify that players are marked as inactive after 2 days. For the first 30 days of the game, that meant two real-life days, or eight in-game days at 4x speed.

Now, after the recent issues with the servers, I'm finding that the game seems to be marking players inactive after two in-game days, or sixteen real-time hours. Can't recall when it started, only that it's happened to two or three times this week while I've been busy with school. I don't have any precise empirical evidence to support this theory - just a logical conclusion backed by being marked inactive after being away for a little less than a day. Wish I had taken screenshots after the last time, but I keep forgetting, and I figured that I ought to bring it up sooner rather than later before the round ends.

IG is Cipher36, country in the round is Indonesia. Is it a fixable issue, or something that the remaining players are just going to have to deal with until the round concludes? Or is it not an issue, and I'm just going crazy?

Thanks in advance for your time.
      "Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky."
      ― Arcade Mode, Ace Combat Five: The Unsung War
    • I have the issue too, but I don't think 16 hours is right. if its 4x, then 6 hours is one ingame day, meaning that 12 hours is 2. So basically you have to log in every 12 hours. Im not sure if that can be fixed or not. I don't know if its recent or not, I have been experiencing it from the start of my 4x game a couple weekends ago.
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    • Germanico wrote:

This is a known issue and will be fixed before we start a new set of 4x (or 6x) games.
      I hope this is not the case.

In a regular game, it is after 2 days that a player is classified as inactive.
      So in a x4 game a full day passes every 6 hours.
      Therefore, if a player is inactive for 12 hours in real time, this equals 2 full days.

Any player who can not play at least once every 12 hours has absolutely no business playing a x4 match.
      If they fail to log in once every 12 hours, they ARE inactive. And should be treated as such.
    • And i lost one x4 game because i had to go to Zurich and back one day and there wasnt time for looking for Wifi and checking my game. When i came back and log into the game there wasnt much left. It was only 16h
    • Well - how could you go to Zurich (and back) while neglecting your duty as commanding officer? tstststs.... Today's generals... ;)
      But seriously, if you lost a game because you didn't play for a RL day, that's one of the aspects of speed games - it's you not playing for 4 ingame days and there really isn't anything we can (or want to) do against that.
      So, while we will be changing the afk timers, we won't be changing the actual mechanics: if you go offline someone might make use of that time. It's the name of the game...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • no Germanico, u missunderstand me :) I dont want anything back, my rl life need me to travel urgent and no ones fault it is ( well maybe my boss ! ). Its just an example how inactivity on speed games can change whole, So others maybe after reading this will think triple before starting speed map. But an inactivity time on such maps would be nice to be increased.
    • @Van der Kaczy: Totally Agreed. And we are actually planning to even increase the speed to 6x for testing purposes. I would like to see how far we can push the envelope here. Obviously this necessitates a revamped AFK timer and server polling. Right now these two issues are holding us back from launching a new round of speed events.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf